This article will be going into detail on how to export class lists from Powerschool so that we can make the process of signing in for MAP testing easier in 2022, since we are now using student's full email address to sign in.
- Open up PowerSchool admin (https://district65.powerschool.com/admin/home.html)
- Change the search type to 'Staff', and look up the staff member that you are exporting the class list of.
- If it's not showing their current schedule, click on the Current Schedule option on the left hand side.
- With the teacher's schedule open, we will want to click on the number under the column "Enrollment" for the associated class (likely Homeroom).
- This will take you to the class roster. From the class roster, you should see a blue button that says "Make Current Student Selection". Click on that.
- In the next menu, choose Quick Export.
- Add the following fields on three separate lines in the quick export box (or customize the fields to whatever you need):
- Make sure that the field delimiter is "tab", record delimiter is "CR" (carriage return), and that "Column titles on first row" is checked, and then choose Submit.
- A text file will be downloaded with the data. You can paste it directly into Google sheets or excel. It won't open up with excel unless you change the extension to .csv, but you can still paste it into excel.